Autoslew Version History
- 1 Version 22.214.171.124
- 2 Version 126.96.36.199
- 3 Version 188.8.131.52
- 4 Version 184.108.40.206
- 5 Version 220.127.116.11
- 6 Version 18.104.22.168
- 7 Version 22.214.171.124
- 8 Version 126.96.36.199
- 9 Version 188.8.131.52
- 10 Version 184.108.40.206
- 11 Version 220.127.116.11
- 12 Version 18.104.22.168
- 13 Version 22.214.171.124
- 14 Version 126.96.36.199
- 15 Version 188.8.131.52
- 16 Version 184.108.40.206
- 17 Version 220.127.116.11
- 18 Version 18.104.22.168 (and ClServo 22.214.171.124)
- 19 Version 126.96.36.199
- 20 Version 188.8.131.52
- 21 Version 184.108.40.206
- 22 Version 220.127.116.11
- 23 Version 18.104.22.168
- 24 Version 22.214.171.124
- 25 Version 126.96.36.199
- 26 Version 188.8.131.52
- 27 Version 184.108.40.206
- 28 Version 220.127.116.11
- 29 Version 18.104.22.168
- 30 Version 22.214.171.124
- 31 Version 126.96.36.199
- 32 Version 188.8.131.52
- 33 Version 184.108.40.206
- 34 Version 220.127.116.11
- 35 Version 18.104.22.168
- 36 Version 22.214.171.124
- 37 Version 126.96.36.199
- 38 Version 188.8.131.52
- 39 Version 184.108.40.206
- 40 Version 220.127.116.11
- 41 Version 18.104.22.168
- 42 Version 22.214.171.124
- 43 Version 126.96.36.199
- 44 Version 188.8.131.52
- 45 Version 184.108.40.206
- 46 Version 220.127.116.11
- 47 Version 18.104.22.168
- 48 Version 22.214.171.124
- 49 Version 126.96.36.199
- 50 Version 188.8.131.52
- 51 Version 184.108.40.206
- 52 Version 220.127.116.11
- 53 Version 18.104.22.168
- 54 Version 22.214.171.124
- 55 Version 126.96.36.199
- 56 Version 188.8.131.52
- 57 Version 184.108.40.206
- 58 Version 220.127.116.11
- 59 Version 18.104.22.168
- 60 Version 22.214.171.124
- 61 Version 126.96.36.199
- 62 Version 188.8.131.52
- 63 Version 184.108.40.206
- 64 Version 220.127.116.11
- 65 Version 18.104.22.168
- Mount Site Location
Latitude Seconds where always set to same value as minutes
- Fast movements if during cometracking the Rightascensionrate or Declinationrate is changed
- Ascom Rightascensionrate and Declinationrate for fast speeds
for speeds > siderial the speedcommand is not performed through changing the targetposition within the pointingmodel but rather the speed is directly sent to the servomotors. This means that for fast speeds the pointingmodel is currently ignored. This has the advantage especially in direct drive mounts that the speed commands are performed better without tracking issues that can happen within the TrackPosition loop. In a further version the influence of the pointingmodel without using the TrackPosition control is planned.
- Ascom LocalTime was added. The format is date (see .net definitions of the date format)
the Localtime is NOT the Localtime Autoslew was asked but the last time the coordinates RA and Dec have been refreshed. The syntax is Telescope.LocalTime (readonly, Date) This is not an official Ascom Property
- Ascom LocalMeanSiderialTime was added. The format is double and in Hours.
the LocalMeanSiderialTime is NOT the current Time but the last time the coordinates RA and Dec have been refreshed. This can make a difference of 0.1secs. The syntax is Telescope.LocalManSiderialTime (readonly, Double) This is not an official Ascom Property
- Ascom ErrorRaised was added.
People might be interested to know through Ascom is the telescope was halted due to different error options like a position error or whatever. After polling this error and getting true the user may clear the error with the ErrorClear method. He may also read ErrorString to find out about the reason The Syntax is Telescope.ErrorRaised (readonly, Boolean) This is not an official Ascom Property
- Ascom ErrorString was added
This puts the content of the Message box in Autoslew into the Errorstring so you can find out about all Messages through Ascom. Be carefull because the string might be very long. The Syntax is Telescope.ErrorString (readonly, String) This is not an official Ascom Property
- Higher Baud Rates for GPS Clock
GPS Baud rate was defined as short but should be long in case some GPS need 38400 Baud
- Further GPS Comport errors
Giving comport free after Telescope connection is ended. This is only a try to avoid errors reported by other users which I could not reproduce.
- PointingCorrectionRA and PointingCorrectionDE added in Telescope Driver
this is the current pointing correction that is currently applied for RA (equatorial Telescopes) or for Azimuth in the case of AltAz telescopes RA1 = Right Ascension that we would have without pointing model RA2 = Right Ascension with the pointing model applied RA2=RA1+PointingcorrectionRA
The idea behind this is to allow external programs to allow the calculation of pointing files. To do this, these programs need to know which pointing correction where already applied at the time the telescope made the image at the certain location
- Ascom Azimut report
you can now set the way the Telescope Azimuth is reported by the Ascom property Telescope.Azimuth This can be set in the Ascom/ACL Menu. If you set "Azimuth Zero for North" to true, then Azimut is reported the way Ascom wants it i.e. North is zero and upcounting clockwise to east.
- Have added support for seperate Focuser DLL like NStep.dll.
- Have added support for Diagonal Mirror Turner or Tertiary mirror Turner with more than 2 focus positions
- Have enabled to set Diagonal mirror angle in new menu and fine tune angle with gamepad
- Have added option to switch focus positions with gamepad and automatically rotate Diagonal to position
- its now reported in status line which configuration is in use
- adding stars to existing pointingfiles is made easier. Simply click start pointingfile and select an
existing pointingfile to add more stars. This only makes sense if you have changed NOTHING in your system and did not synch.
- Autoslew checks if Mount is DDM60 and Encoders have not yet been optimized.
- Clear configuration added in Toolbar and request if encoder resolution should also be deleted has been added
- in Former Versions when the telescope moved faster than a certain speed, Track Position was disabled.
This has caused people to start exposures without track position enabled and has been a frequent error source. This has been changed. So now Autoslew waits a certain period of time until a fast move by joystick or mousemove has occured and then enables the trackposition again. If you want to use the telescope WITHOUT trackposition, you will have to disable [Always Track Position] now. It is possible to change these parameters in Autoslew.ini:
[Servos outer Loop] Turn-off Speed for Trackposition=0,1 'in degree per second when Autoslew turns off track position Time in ms Autoslew waits after fast move until trackposition is enabled again=10000 'in ms
- added support for Mirror-collimation with servos or stepper motors
- added Ignore Further Slews Checkbox which should be checked when MaximDL Autocenter is used
can be found now in [Control][ASCOM/ACL].
- Hang up when new ini file is loaded has been fixed
- corrected bug that open instead of save file dialog was shown in saveing ini files or pointing files
- mainly changes important for AltAz Telescopes
- in Time settings menu you can now set Agressivness for Track Position for both axis
- DDM 60 wrong Azimut Direction when moving star for polar alignment. Fix is very preliminary and bad
needs "DDM60" in product key.
- Bugs if you are on southern latitudes are fixed.
- Behaviour for German mounts if it would touch horizon during slew has been fixed.
- Pierside was not correct reported on southern latitudes.
- Astrooptik Telescope Driver for RS232 Ascom control was added and is functional with this version
- Ascom Dome works now.
- Guide Direction Flip when changing Pierside and using autoguiding
- problem with jumps in tracking and position if LMST switches from 24h to 0h (only DDM60 and DDM160 Problem).
(this might also influence possible error in RA Encoder Resolution of DDM60 during tracking)
- Ascom DestinationSideofPier now also works for southern hemisphere
- Nstep Focuser can change Baudrate now.
- NStep Focuser did not save correct comport
- No-Hall-find now fully automatic, increases current if no succient move etc...
- More reliable USB communication with DDM60 and DDM85 mounts
- No-Hall-Find further enhanced. Big move after No-Hall-find should not happen any more
- Guide Directions on East side of mount changed again, where still wrong. Need to be tested on sky
- Old EL-Servo Mount oscillation error when starting mount with tracking off removed
- Big Move in Cl-Servos mounts after homefind (happens only seldom but very bad) removed
- Changes in Servosetup
- Mirror Collimation procedure enhanced
- Advanced Pointing Window resizable
- OK3 Badrate fixed 115k
- added cover support with SStep DLL
- new SStep Controller with Focus and Rotator now working in Autoslew, enables use of Gamepad for simultanous control of Focus and Telescope
Version 22.214.171.124 (and ClServo 126.96.36.199)
- its now possible to save the optimum magnetic angle for sensorless and reset this angle on each homefind see more details in the according PDF
- support for SStepX was added. This is a multiaxis controller for 2 or even more axis to controll covers, focuser, rotator. See details in PDF
== Version 188.8.131.52
- SStepX renamed SM2A. Also some further minor changes like stop button for covers, rotator, focuser etc.
== Version 184.108.40.206 and ClServo 220.127.116.11
- Added Objectfinder in Object Menue
- Added Bright Star Names to Object Finder
- corrected Messer Catalog - has not all 108 Objects
- motors did not always turn off on position error - this was corrected
- when Autoslew is still connected to an Ascom program like TheSky it will warn user in shutdown
- Location there was an error that >60 could be entered for Minutes or seconds - this was corrected
- manual homefind method for DDM mounts was improved
- user can now determine in Misc Settings if he should be warned when trying to slew the telescope if it is
not synched or homes
- values for fast slewing have not been saved correctly in former versions - this has been corrected
- tracking always stopped when user was in Servo Setup - this was corrected
- tuning with fast speed did sometimes move the mount to much when direction was reversed - this was corrected
- synch and selection of mount-side can now be interupted
- Added Multi Star LPT, working together with Sequence Version 7
- Changed Telescope.DestinationSideOfPier, hopefully it works now. It can be used with Flip Options "Stay on Side" and "Prefer West"
- test with Ascom 6 - ok
- test with TheSkyX. In XP could not even install SkyX. In Vista no problems to connect directly to Autoslew.
in Windows 7 have to go through Generic Hub or POTH Hub.
- Startup behaviour with programs like ACP enhanced. Took into account that ACP makes 2x a disconnect always (why ??).
- now only 1 Installer is needed for all DDM mounts with sell date > May 2010
- when entering a new key, default values can be loaded for all mounts
- magnetic angle offset will be saved in key with factory settings from 11/2011 on. No need for customer with newer mounts
to care about that
- improved function of LPT with Sequence. Function of MLPT checked with Promper mount several times.
- Customer can now save customer default settings any time and restore all settings by selecting the date from which to restore
- Customer can now reset to factory settings if everything goes wrong
- Polar Alignment for DDM85 on Southern Hemisphere checked and found it works
- Fixed problem when ACP sends RightascensionRate command after having parked the Telescope which startet Tracking
- Found problem with PA move and following adjustment with DDM60 and 60PRO.
- A interims solution is to ask customer to select a star near the mounts latitude if he has a DDM60 mount
- better solution will be added later
- Also there was an error for south hemisphere where the user has to select a star on north part of sky of course, not south
- added (CLServo 18.104.22.168) Balance function and current measurement
- User can now interrupt startup magnetic angle find, change settings (Current or frequency) and resume
- when user opens location window Autoslew checks for DDM mounts>04/2010 if motor direction is the right for the
entered Latitude, so User does not need to edit Cl-Servos.ini any more. Works only for ASA mounts
delivery date >04/2010.
- automatic Homefind on Ascom unpark added. Can be set optional in Ascom/ACL Settings
- Start Tracking when Autoslew starts checkbox added in Control/MISC settings
- Autofind for magnetic angle can now save optimum test current setting.
- problem that RA motor not powered on with Hall Sensors installed after start removed
- all user data now stored at application data folder (instead of program files folder
please read extra document about where Autoslew now saves which data depending on Windows Version
- removed BUG of Version 22.214.171.124 with DDM85 mounts where Polar Alignment was again inverted (DDM60 mounts where not affected)
- removed Bug where location (if read from GPS) was wrong in sign if Longitude was Westerly.
- In Misc Settings you can now find a checkbox "Try to automatic Clear errors". This can be used in robotic telescopes
where you want to prevent any user interaction. Keep in mind though, that all error messages have a reason that needs some solvage.
- Programmed a procedure to prevent over current stuck and position errors
- Autoslew Error in ClServo dll (Version 126.96.36.199) added. Please use this error correction instead of the error correction in Autoslew
- Log File Option added to ClServo dll (Make Log File=True)
- fixed Polar Alignment error where mount moved 2x as much as it should
- Preselections in tune possible for different telescope types
- Tuning: Siderial speed now changes direction every few seconds to see better the stiffness of mount
- Warning when Tuning is startet with motors off
- corrected BUG with DDM60 2012 keys
- Encoder resolution, interpolation and found Mount Type is now written into log file (if enabled)
- corrected Encoder Resolution (15744) in default settings for DDM85
- completely reworked advanced pointing
- much more accurate optimization engine in optimization for big pointing files.
- corrected bug when pier flipping causing bad slews after you made a pointing file on one side and then try
first stars on other mount side
- this will cause old configurations to perform worse because pier flip constant changed !
- users will need to make a new pointing file
- added Fourier Order 3 to optimization
- makes measuring encoder resolution better. You can now see old values and new values and also reset ini file
- configuration can now be viewed without entering advanced window (view current configuration)
- configurations can be loaded without using advanced pointing window
- when optimizing from normal configuration calculation, advanced pointing window will be hidden
- downsized advanced pointing window so it fits better to smaller screens
- removed bug when "don't use" was choosen some parameters where still changed during optimization
- removed bug of ERF calculation with 5 star method for mounts without fixed encoder res
- corrected bug where Siderial and lunar speed did not work
- Added Filter wheel support
- Added variable Baudrate for Cl-Controller
- Added Telescope.HorizonLimit (in degrees) for remote acess
- Added Ascom Telescope.SlewToAltAz and SlewToAltAzAsynch
- Added Telescope.MotorOn and MotorOff
- Changed Azimuth Display to North=0 (old Park Positions will work and no need to change)
- added MoveAxis in Ascom
- added some Telescope.Action methods:
Telescope:OpenCover,"" Telescope:CloseCover,"" Telescope:MotorOn,"" Telescope:MotorOff,"" Telescope:HorizonLimit, Limit
- Bug corrected with Rotator.Position
- added Rotator.TelPosition which will read out the Rotator Position in Respect to the Telescope and not the Sky
- changed CCommint.dll increased USB speed by factor 5
- added CyclePort so user can now even unplug USB and replug it without crashing
- made PC 2 Mount communication much more reliable
- USB Errors should now be much less with certain PC's which had problems before
- added Autotuning
- removed bug where telescope moved slowly after tuning and returning to main window
- Bug with Azimut and Park positions removed
- Bug with Slewing below celestial pole removed
- Bug with Ascom DestinationSideOfPier if below pole removed (I wonder who takes images there since object is at its lowest position)
- Bug with Comettracking active removed
- SEVERE BUG ! Bug introduced with Version 188.8.131.52 where high accuracy tracking was deactivated when moved faster as 10x siderial removed
- Cometracking only works up to 5x siderial speed. User warning issued when user tries to enter higher values
- Bug that RA run away when slewing objects near 00h Right ascension
- Bug that star ran away during Polar Alignment Move was corrected
- Speed in Comet Tracking had to be entered with arc second per minute siderial time, not true time, making them 1/0.9972695677 to fast (0.3% to fast). Bug corrected.
- changed default Latency time for ClServo to 5ms
- added support for dome fan end ELServo
- removed bug with reading autopointingfiles from equatorial fork mounts
- removed problem with Debug Assertion Fault
- Version corrected for Problems with Castello Telescope (6 Focuser Positions and Diagonal Turner)
- added Shutdown sub in Telescope Class
- added DomeTargetTolerance to deliver Telescope.IsDomeInPosition=true only when Dome Azimut is within this tolerance
- added Action Command for Homefind Rotator
- added Action Command for Homefind Focuser
- Changed SwitchPulseGuideDirections. Now only GuideMoveRA is inverted on Pierflip.
- added Action Command Telescope:UpdatePolarAxisAz which expects a new Polar Axis Azimuth in Arc Seconds
- added Action Command Telescope:UpdatePolarAxisAl which expects a new Polar Axis Altitude in Arc Seconds
- added Action Command Telescope:SetNewConfig which expects a name of cfg file including path.
- corrector error with Ascom AtPark command
- corrected AtPark Problem with Ascom (ACP and other programs)
- Made a fix for the wrong ACP DestinationSideOfPier Request
- added Manual Mode where the mount can be moved without position errors with motor on (eyepiece change)
- DDM-Mount switches to hard PID Paramter only when both axis are finished and in end position
- Added installer support for DDM160A
- New Super Fit
- OLD Configurations CANNOT BE USED any more if old Fourier Fit was used
- DDM85 Absolute Support
- Rightascensionrate - comettracking still enabled when 0 is sent is corrected
- MLPT not working with Superfit corrected
- Clear Config not clearing Superfit corrected
- Synch by Internet possible now (Time settings)
- some more tuning on MLPT and Sequence
- corrected Homefind Problem for AcCanServos (Multithreading problem)
- supports AltAz telescopes with Absolute Encoders and ClServo. If not AZ800 it needs to be written in both ini files
- fixed Bug MLPT when using MLPT together with Super fit and starttime was wrong calculated
- Fixed/updated FTDI driver support for Windows 10
- Fixed Bug with internal Hub (Lagesensor)
- Added Relay Cover support
- Fixed Bug with Absolute Mounts which are DDM160A, AZ800A etc.
- fixed Problem with Rotator (Motor Offf Button) and Accelservo
- fixed Problem with absolute Encoder Mounts that could move uncontrolled on motor start
- Added fan speed control
- Added context to "view configuration"
- Displays current Firmware Version in ClServo
- Removed Homefind Button for Absolute Encoder Mount
- Shows Polar Alignment error during optimization
- Shows current config in bottom info line
- Bug in DDM160A fixed that start on different mountside may cause wrong side calculation automatic comport connection with absolute encoder mounts
- Minor changes in display of buttons etc.
- Another little bug removed with limits for German mount and DDM160 absolute
- DDM160 Absolute in AltAz mode supported, but still not possible to flip through 90 degree
- Little correction in ConradRelaisCover to avoid inifit wait time on startup when card is not responding
- DDM160A AltAz Version where mount is allowed to swap through 90 degree to reach all positions
- Added AFC (ASA Filter and Mirror Control Center)
- Added Fans control through Tertiary Controler
- Corrected very unlikely error during optimizing pointing files where hour angle of a star was very close to zero
- Added AltFlipped Info for DDM160A Absolute in AltAz Mode
- Tried to correct synch if Alt is flipped (DDM160A in AltAz Mode)
- Accelnet Controllers where not properly working with 184.108.40.206, fixed that
- Ignore RightAszensionTrackingrate=0.01 because this is what ACP sends to the telescope just as test sample but Autoslew would start comet tracking
- Added a flag Only Check Dome Slewing Status and report telescope slewing as false if both are false. This is for ACP which often starts exposure while Dome is still slewing
- Added further Dome Control Options for Autoslew, like special Dome Geometrie if telescope is not centered in the dome or if it is a German Mount
- Removed Bug in Dome control where the dome would not move directly with the telescope slew
- Changed some Enable and Error Clear functions in Accelnet Controllers
- No need any more to confirm "nothing to setup" when Astrooptik Telescope Server is selected in Ascom Chooser
- Further corrections for DDM160A in AltAz mode
- Fixed Freezing Homefind window when homefind failed
- Fixed Bug that Pier Flip Offset was not correctly optimized
- During making of manual pointing, a new slew can now simply be made if last star could not be confirmed centered
- ClServo Fan Problem with new Firmware removed